International Program on Science Education (IPSE) is one of study program under Faculty of Mathematics and Sciences Education UPI. The program is launched in 2009 aims to calls the needs of globally competence science teachers.
In current situation, globalization has an increasingly impact on a broad range of human activities in all aspect of life such as politic, economy, culture as well as educational areas. From the perspective of education, globalization raises a number of challenges and concern, particularly in preparing students as future leaders who have vision of global view to adequately address the demands of an ever-increasing global interdependence.
This is a challenge for colleges and universities worldwide to respond the call with an array of programs and curricular initiatives focused on preparing globally-minded teachers. Faculty of Mathematics and Science Education UPI has responded to the call by developing the International Program on Science Education (IPSE).
A leading and outstanding in academic program on science education.
- To conduct educational program in order to prepare competent science teachers who have ability to compete globally
- To develop innovative science educational theories and science
- To actively involved in professional community service to solve problems related with national as well as global science education
- To build network and partnership with international institutions
- To promote international recognition through research and international publications
The output of IPSE has some competencies as follows:
- Broad view of international science education
- Good understanding and skill of science subject, pedagogy, as well as pedagogy content knowledge for junior high school science
- Skillfulness in teaching science as an integrated science
- Skillfulness in teaching science using English language
- Be able to do science research and develop innovation in science teaching
Higher education curriculum is a set of plans and arrangements regarding study materials and delivery as well as the assessment are used to guide the implementation of learning activities in universities. The curriculum includes structured competency standards in core competencies, supporters and others who promote the goals, the implementation of the mission, and vision of study program. The curriculum includes courses that support the achievement of the competence of graduates and provide flexibility to students to broaden their horizons and deepen their expertise in accordance with their interests, and are equipped with course descriptions, syllabi, lesson plans and evaluations. The curriculum should be designed based on the relevance to the objectives, scope and the depth of the material, the organization that encourages the formation of hard skills and personality and behavioral skills (soft skills) that can be applied in various situations and conditions.
- IPSE Curriculum is competence based curriculum
- English (English for Academic Purpose) writing and communication
- Integrated Science + project based teaching
- ICT (web, based learning, computer in science education)